There’s simply no denying it: Bragg Creek is a wonderful place to live. Surrounded by old-growth deep forests, open alpine meadows, and majestic mountains, Bragg Creek is a haven.
An artistic community, this area has inspired everyone who visits or relocates here not only with its beauty but also its friendliness. After living here for a short while you find that your trips into the hamlet grow longer as you stop to chat with store owners, visitors, and friends.
On the edge of Kananaskis Country, 4,200 square kilometers of provincial parkland, Bragg Creekers enjoy and marvel at abundant wildlife and plant life, and have easy access to hundreds of trails for hiking, biking, skiing and the like.
Life here is a largely rural existence, but with all needs cared for in the hamlet, and with the city of Calgary a short 30 minute drive away you can have it all.
Tips for New Residents
- Create a map to your house and have it scanned. Store a copy on a USB as well as on your hard drive. You’ll need to e-mail this when arranging deliveries or for friends to visit.
- When ordering goods to be delivered check to see whether the company delivers to a PO box. Deliveries may arrive in one of 3 places: to your home, to the Post Office, or to Moose Mountain General Store, which receives deliveries from Purolator (and occasionally other courier companies if they can’t find their destination). Note that the General Store is also a Sears agent.
- Get to know your neighbours. They will probably appreciate it, but it’s also handy to know them when living in a rural location in case of an unexpected situation, such as a very large snow fall, extended power outage, etc.
- If your property has a well, keep a stock of drinking water in case of power outages.
- If you are in an area subject to flooding, check to see if you have a sump and pump, and that the pump is in good working order. An alarm system in case of overflows is also recommended.
- If your driveway is long, check local press and billboards for snow clearing services.
- Check out GetPrepared.ca for excellent resources on how to be ready for disasters and evacuation.
- Check the calendar of events for local events and activities.
- Lastly, enjoy all that is Bragg Creek!